What Do Air Ducts Do?
What is Air Duct Cleaning?
Why is it Important?
What Will the Technician Do?
The ductwork can be cleaned using household tools, but it is not advised as any wrong step can damage your Lexington KY heating and air system. If you’re concerned about hiring a professional, we’ll walk you through the steps a technician will follow, so you know that your system is in capable hands.
- The technician will first inspect the ductwork and the extent of the accumulation of dust and dirt to determine which technique will be more suitable.
- The technician will then drill access holes in your ductwork (don’t worry, these will be fixed after the cleaning is finished).
- A powerful vacuum is used to suck in all the dust. Brushes are used to clean the duct walls, and the vacuum is used again to gather all the dirt.
- The technician will then inspect the ductwork again to ensure it has been cleaned thoroughly and patch up all the access holes.
We’ll Take Care of Your HVAC Needs
Southern Comfort Heating and Cooling provides HVAC installation, repair, replacement, and maintenance services for residential and commercial systems. Our specialty is in residential heating and cooling systems.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Factors to consider when choosing how frequently to change an air filter:
- Where you live: You can extend the life of your air filter by a few extra months if you use it for fewer than five hours per day.
- Season: During the busiest summer and winter months, filters that generally last 90 days should be changed every 30 days.
- Your home's size: A larger home typically needs more frequent filter changes during heating service in Lexington, KY, because furnaces and air conditioners have to release more air to compensate for temperature changes.
- Allergies: You must change your air filter every 30-45 days if you have allergies.
- Family and pets: Families with children should replace their filters every 60 to 90 days, while households with pets should up the frequency to every 60 days for a single pet and every 30 days for two.
- Air quality: You will need to change your air filters more frequently if the air quality in your home isn't excellent.
Southern Comfort Heating & Cooling can help you with all your HVAC services.
Mini-splits, ductless air conditioning systems, connect individual room units to an outdoor compressor. A mini-split system places small units in each room to move warm and cool air back and forth instead of using lengthy ductwork.
According to heating service in Lexington, KY experts, one outdoor compressor, which receives the warm air from the house, is connected to the network of indoor units. After the central unit is set up, you can choose various indoor unit options, such as ceiling recessed, ceiling register, or floor mount, to match each room's aesthetic and functional requirements.
Even in the biggest and most industrialized cities, indoor air pollution can be worse than outdoor air pollution. The effects are frequently most pronounced in those who may be exposed to indoor air pollutants for the most extended periods.
The primary source of poor IAQ in homes is indoor pollution that emits gasses or particles into the air. Inadequate ventilation can raise indoor pollutant levels by failing to carry indoor air outside the house and bringing in enough outside air to offset emissions from inside sources.