Air Conditioning Services in Lexington, Versailles, Nicholasville, KY and Surrounding Areas
HVAC systems need to be serviced regularly. If you’ve recently purchased a modern heating or cooling system, you’ll want to double-check that it’s in good working order and getting good value. If your HVAC system is nearing the end of its average 10 to 15 year lifespan and you don’t plan to replace it, it’s important to regularly have AC maintenance.
DIY Steps for the Maintenance of the Air Conditioning Filter
The most straightforward activity you can perform as a homeowner is to change the filter. One should replace the filters every three months. If you’re using thinner, non-pleated air filters (such as plastic or fibreglass), you should replace them every month. Air conditioning repair professionals recommend that one may want to inspect and change the filters more frequently if you have pets, allergies, or live in a dusty location.
Turn off your HVAC system before changing your filter. Then, on your air handler, open the filter access panel. Remove the filter from the unit with care next. When removing the filter, be careful not to allow any dust or particles to fall off. Keep in mind that the filter has a front and back. Thus it only works in one way. Arrows indicate the direction of the airflow on some air filters. The arrow should point in the airflow direction toward the fan.
Benefits of Professional AC Maintenance
- Save Money in the Long Run: Many people avoid air conditioning repairs because they believe the problem is too minor to require expert help. If these seemingly minor issues are not addressed promptly, they might become more costly and dangerous. Failure to have a skilled HVAC repairman promptly identify the source of these minor difficulties can lead to a more time-consuming, expensive, and severe situation later.
- Improved Air Conditioning: Ensure that the complete cooling system functions correctly and efficiently. As the gas is efficiently filtered away, a well-maintained filtration system also prevents carbon dioxide from entering the home through the cooling vents.
- Higher Resale Value: When looking for a cooling machine, the first thing a potential buyer looks for is its aesthetic. Air conditioner sales function similarly to how vehicles and residences have a better resale value if they are well-maintained and kept in good shape for an extended period.
- Longer Functioning Life: Many air conditioning repair companies offer annual tune-ups and bi-annual maintenance drills—these facilities aid in extending the operational life of HVAC systems. Routine maintenance by air conditioning repair professionals extends the air conditioner’s life and improves its performance.
- Positive Environmental Impact: All the contaminants gathered around the parts in rust and mold. Most older air conditioning equipment emits a loud coughing sound when operating. This could also be due to the machine’s broken parts not being fixed promptly. Checking your device and getting an air conditioning repair as soon as possible ensures that all of the cooling equipment’s parts are in order.
Checklist for Maintaining an Air Conditioning System
Check your air conditioner’s panels and the case for any damage. A loose or damaged panel might cause high humidity or air leakage. These tasks should be performed on the HVAC system annually. Search for HVAC companies near me if you are looking for HVAC maintenance.
- Replace the air filter every 1-2 months.
- Clean the evaporator and condenser coils as dirty coils diminish your air conditioner’s efficiency.
- Drain line and drain pan inspection and cleaning is a must as a clogged drain line or drain pan will create a large mess.
- Blower and condenser fans should be lubricated since they should revolve freely and require oil.
- Electrical wiring and controls should be inspected for loose connections leading to equipment failure or fires.
- Check the thermostat for proper operation as it should be able to regulate the temperature of the air conditioner.
- Air registers and ducting should be inspected and cleaned as dusty air registers reduce airflow.
If you are looking for HVAC companies, Southern Comfort Heating and Air will assure you that your HVAC systems will be there when you need them. Contact one of our knowledgeable team members to learn more about our services.