Heat Pump Services in Lexington, Versailles, Nicholasville, KY, and Surrounding Areas
Heat Pump Services in Lexington, KY, And Surrounding Areas
Nearly all homeowners and business owners in Lexington, KY, depend on heat pump services for their heating and cooling Lexington KY needs. This is mainly because heat pumps offer an affordable and energy-efficient way to cool your home during the unbearable summer heat and keep you warm and cozy during frigid winter weather.
This makes heat pumps essential components of any Kentuckian home. To get the most out of your heat pump, make sure it’s installation appropriate and works well at all times of the year.
Over the years, Southern Comfort Heating and Air have earned an enviable reputation for providing exceptional heat pump repair Lexington KY to homeowners and business owners in Lexington.
We specialize in installations, repairs, and furnace maintenance Lexington KY. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for Heat Pump Services in Lexington, Versailles, Nicholasville, KY, and Surrounding Areas.
Heat Pump Installation Services
Having a new heat pump installation in your home or business in Lexington is one of the best ways to set you up for consistent comfort throughout the year. Your heat pump needs to install in the right way to efficiently and effectively meet your cooling and heating needs.
At Southern Comfort Heating and Air, we provide professional heat pump repair Lexington KY for anyone who wants to replace their existing unit or look to add a new heat pump. Our expert technicians have experience in installing the various types of heat pumps, and they’ll provide expert advice when it comes to choosing the best unit for your heating needs.
Heat Pump Repair Services
Like any other heating system, your heat pump is susceptible to wear and various problems over time. Some of the issues you’re likely to experience with your heat pump range from emitting unpleasant odors to defective compressors, faulty fan motors, and a thermostat malfunctioning, among many others. These issues need to fix as soon as possible to keep your unit working efficiently.
If you need a heat pump repair Lexington KY, you can depend on our experienced technicians at Southern Comfort Heating and Air. We’ll help perform a complete diagnosis of your unit and fix any issues fast to get you back to being comfortable. We also provide dryer vent cleaning Lexington KY.
Heat Pump Maintenance Services
Proper heat pump maintenance is paramount to ensuring your unit always works as expected and prevents significant issues and unexpected system failures. Also, ensuring regular maintenance of your heat pump can help save money on your utility bills and extend its lifespan.
We offer comprehensive heat pump repair Lexington KY at Southern Comfort Heating and Air to keep your heat pump in peak performance and prevent costly repairs.
Why Choose Us?
Residential and business clients in and around Fayette and nearby counties trust Southern Comfort Heating and Air for a comprehensive range of maintenance, new installation, and servicing work. We believe that all families should be able to breathe clean, comfortable air when they are inside their homes. We believe that routine heating and air conditioning maintenance should be made simple and convenient and that families should not be forced to put their finances at risk to keep their units running.
The entire team strives to provide exceptional client service and an outstanding client experience. We not only educate our personnel on the most up-to-date HVAC technology, but we also strive for the most excellent possible communication so that our customers are aware of all of their alternatives. Our emphasis on education distinguishes us from our competitors. We make sure that we are up to date on the latest technology in our field. Our commitment to education does not stop with our employees; we also educate our clients.
The following concepts guided the establishment of Southern Comfort Heating and Air in 2006:
- Our Mission: To deliver the most efficient and effective solutions for our customers’ heating and cooling demands.
- Our Intent: To provide the most outstanding professional services in air conditioning system design, installation, and maintenance to our current and future clients.
- Our Objective: To be a group of professionals that will be able to provide our clients with rapid, efficient, and high-quality environmental management services in all sectors.
Get Quality Heat Pump Services in Lexington, KY
Whether you need heat pump installation, repair, or maintenance services, our certified experts at Southern Comfort Heating & Cooling are ready to get you the services you need with quality, speed, and precision.
We believe that effective communication is essential, so we learn about our customers’ needs and thoroughly explain their alternatives so that they are at ease throughout the process. Furthermore, we are proud to back up our goods with unrivaled written warranties and guarantees, including a promise to fix any problems with your device within six months of standard maintenance. We stand behind our work and want our customers to know they can rely on us for heat pump repair in Lexington, KY.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Service a Heat Pump Yourself?
With frequent heat pump maintenance checks, the heat pump remains in excellent working order. On the other hand, neglecting the maintenance or service of a heat pump can develop issues.
Heat pump maintenance can perform by homeowners. For a proper heat pump annual service, contact an HVAC professional. For a heat pump repair service in Lexington, KY, contact Southern Comfort Heating & Cooling.
How Do You Maintain a Heat Pump?
- Inspect and clean or replace the air filters when necessary. Homeowners can clean the air filters by themselves or, if in Lexington, KY, call heat pump repair service.
- Oil the motors and inspect the belt for wear, adjusting tension as needed. Examine the electrical components of the interior air handler and the outside condenser. Examine the condenser’s safety panels and safety switches.
- Clean the indoor and outdoor coils and fins. Examine the airflow via the condensing unit.
- Examine the reversing valve. This valve changes the system from heating to cooling mode. Replace if malfunctioning.
- Inspect the defrost assembly to defrost ice on coils; condensate drains to avoid ice build-up. Call a technician if needed.
- Inspect the ductwork and seal the leaks using aluminum tape. Recalibrate thermostats if necessary.
- Check refrigerant levels. If low, call the technician to seal it or add extra coolant as necessary.
Why Won’t My Heat Pump Cool My House?
- The thermostat might be at the heat or fan-only mode or off.
- The fan of the heat pump might have stopped working.
- The air filter or coils must be dirty; clogged outdoor unit with surrounding dirt and debris.
- Iced indoor coil because of dehumidifying or low refrigerant level.
- The refrigerant or ducts might be leaking.
- A malfunctioning reversing valve.
How Often Should Heat Pump Filters be Cleaned?
Check your air filters regularly. Replace or wash air filters every 30 to 90 days. If pets are there or renovation is going on, it should be checked more frequently. To get a professional heat repair service in Lexington, KY, contact Southern Comfort Heating and Cooling.
Should a Heat Pump be Left on All the Time?
There are two views on whether heat pumps should be left on all the time. Some argue that when the entire system is turned off, the space cools down too much, making the system work extra hard to heat it again.
A well-insulated home takes much longer to lose heat causing discomfort after. When the system is turned on, the system is not strained to bring temperatures back up.
Turning off decisions is entirely dependent on space. Temperatures should always be kept at a safe and pleasant level for pets, children, and the elderly, and to make sure no pipes freeze and burst.
How Long Do Heat Pumps Usually Last?
The life of a heat pump usually depends on the type of heat pump, location, and maintenance. Heat pumps usually have a 15-year lifespan, but some might fail after only a decade.
Why Is My Heat Pump Bill So High?
- Outdoor unit not functioning
- Refrigerant and ductwork issues
- Poor efficiency
- Bad reversing and compressor valves
- Iced outdoor unit
- Undersized machine
- Poor insulation
What Should I Look For When Buying a Heat Pump?
- The type of heat pump needed- air-source, geothermal or split-ductless.
- The climate of the area where the heat pump will be installed.
- The energy efficiency of the heat pump.
- The size of the heat pump should match the structure of the area where it is to be installed.
- The installation costs of the heat pumps.