Furnace Maintenance in Lexington, Versailles, Nicholasville, KY, and Surrounding Areas
Why You Need (And What To Expect From) Yearly Furnace Maintenance In Lexington
You may think that your furnace is a set-it-and-forget-it fixture in your home, but this could not be further from the truth. Just like most mechanical things, your furnace needs yearly maintenance. All manufacturers recommend this service to keep your equipment running both safely and efficiently.
What Happens During Furnace Maintenance
You may think that a yearly checkup is mostly about changing out air filters, but you would be wrong. These trips include all working mechanical aspects of your equipment, from filters to blowers. A few things that will happen during your furnace service in Lexington, KY include:
- Checking for any blockage and/or leakage. This will happen on both the interior and the exterior.
- The blower will be checked, including access and seals.
- Mechanical parts will be checked for rust and corrosion.
- All burners will be looked over. Proper ignition, burner flame, and flame sense will be verified.
- The burners need to be checked to make sure they ignite properly and have adequate flame and flame sense.
- The drainage system will be checked for blocks or leaks. This includes the hoses inside the furnace. Lastly, the condensate drain and trap will be cleaned of any debris and then properly refilled.
- Electrical components and wiring will be checked to ensure everything is in proper working order and there is no damage.
- The filters will be replaced.
Furnace Maintenance In Versailles And Lexington You Can Trust
Not all maintenance repairs companies are created equally. While there are some parts of servicing your furnace that you can (and should) do, such as changing filters frequently, there are other aspects that are best left to professionals, such as checking electrical draw. If your unit is more than a decade old, the safest and most cost-efficient route is to call Southern Comfort. With over 60 years of combined experience, our technicians have the skills to make sure your home furnace system is running at peak performance.