UV Lights in Lexington, Versailles, Nicholasville, KY and Surrounding Areas
Better Indoor Air Quality with HVAC UV Lights in Lexington, KY
Did you know that the pollutants inside your home can be 100 times more concentrated than the outdoor air pollution? The more time you spend indoors, the more at risk you are of developing allergies, respiratory issues, and other serious health issues. One of the best ways to quickly improve your indoor air quality is with HVAC UV lights. In Lexington, KY, the pros at Southern Comfort Heating & Cooling will help you breathe easier.
Germicidal or ultraviolet (UV) lamps are used in HVAC systems to kill germs, viruses, mold spores, bacteria, and fungi as they travel through the system. UV radiation, when correctly placed, is quite effective in killing nearly all of these hazardous chemicals.
Installing an UltraViolet HVAC system in your condensing unit, also known as the air handler, is a cost-effective way to clean all of the air that flows through the system. UV lights for HVAC systems are made to emit a specific wavelength of light — 254 nanometers — that is absorbed by microbial DNA.
The organisms cannot synthesize the required proteins after exposure to UV light. Although the UltraViolet light doesn’t destroy the germs right away, it disables their potential to cause harm and significantly reduces their lifespan.
Is My Indoor Air Really That Bad?
According to the EPA, it’s likely your indoor air has a much higher level of pollution than the air outside. This is caused by a variety of things including poor ventilation or a malfunctioning HVAC system. These issues might only be the start, however. Some other causes of poor indoor air quality include:
- New Carpeting or Upholstery
- Some Building Materials
- Chemicals for Cleaning
- Personal Care Products
- Tobacco Smoking
- And more…
Why Do We Suggest Installing a UV Light in the HVAC System?
- Your HVAC system sucks air into its evaporator unit and pushes it out through air registers known as vents. Vents are strategically located throughout your home to give clean air.
- Because the air must pass over the UltraViolet light as it circulates, installing the UV light within your evaporator unit makes perfect sense.
What Can We Do To Assist With The UV Installation?
- UV lights should be installed inside your home’s evaporating unit by a skilled AC expert like AC maintenance Lexington KY. The UV light must be connected to the HVAC evaporation unit only to turn on while the system is running.
- Before installing the equipment, the technician should thoroughly clean the air handler system and inspect the ductwork for leaks. It will guarantee that the UV light system operates at its best.
- Today’s energy-efficient homes place a premium on sealing every crack and crevice to keep conditioned air from escaping. But, this has produced the ideal conditions for these microbes to flourish.
- Southern Comfort Heating & Cooling can assist in regulating or even eradicating these dangerous contaminants by installing UV lights in HVAC systems.
Who Are We?
Southern Comfort Heating & Cooling, founded in 2006 by Matt Helgerson, Master Technician, has created a reputation for excellence and professional service in our community for Lexington, KY heating and air. The ideals that propelled the firm’s success are still the heart and soul of the company today.
Honesty, ethics, reasonable pricing, and high-quality service are all values we hold dear. Our specialists are uniquely prepared to handle residential and commercial duct cleaning in Lexington, KY, with more than 60 years of combined heating and air conditioning experience.
Why Do We Stand Out As The Finest in Our Field?
- Southern Comfort Heating and Cooling have the most financing choices for Lexington, KY heating and air.
- Our licensed professionals are experienced in the field of HVAC. Only a few heating and conditioning companies in Lexington, KY, equip their professionals with this unique training to provide reliable services.
How Do UV Lights Help?
By installing UV lights in your HVAC system or ductwork, you essentially destroy harmful things in the air, including bacteria, mold and mildew, and viruses.
As these nasty, microscopic airborne contaminants pass through the UV light, their DNA is altered, so they’re not a threat, and they’re unable to reproduce. You’ll notice an immediate difference in the quality of your indoor air and the efficiency of your HVAC system.
Schedule a Consultation Today
Southern Comfort Heating & Cooling can provide you with excellent and trustworthy services if you are looking for AC maintenance in Lexington, KY. If you’re concerned about your home’s indoor air quality, contact us at Southern Comfort Heating & Cooling for an indoor air quality test and for heating and cooling in Lexington, KY.
We understand how important it is to protect your family’s health and well-being, and we’ll do everything we can to help you. We’ll perform a thorough air quality test and recommend a course of action to correct your situation, which may include installing UV lights in your Lexington, KY home. Drop us an email or contact the number given on our website to schedule an appointment today.