HVAC systems tend to develop problems due to continuous working hours. These problems can be resolved at home using DIY tips, but sometimes, you need an HVAC repair technician for a quick check. For expert services in Lexington, KY, contact Southern Comfort Heating and Cooling.
Four Common HVAC Problems and How You can Resolve Them Quickly!
Our HVAC experts have listed all the possible solutions you can try to resolve the issue, and if none works, then you should contact our HVAC technician.
1. Water Leakage
It is frustrating to see water dripping from the AC unit, especially when the water drips from the indoor air handler. However, there are numerous reasons why there is a water leakage problem. According to the air conditioner repair experts in Lexington, KY, here are some of the reasons that can cause the water to leak from the AC unit:
- Improper Installation – If you have recently installed a new air conditioning system and there is water leakage, it might be due to improper installation of the drainage pipes. When the AC and drainage pipes are improperly installed, it interferes with the water flow from the drainage pan to the outlet. Call our technician to reinstall the drainage pipes, and ensure that the drain pipe is at a lower height than the AC unit.
- Clogged Drain Pipe – You should check the drainage pipe for blockage every month to avoid leakage problems. Here is a simple trick that will prevent the drainage pipe from clogging. Open the lid and pour down boiling water to clean the condensate pipe. Then, pour a spoonful of baking soda and a cup of vinegar into the condensate pipe. Pour down boiling water again after waiting for five minutes.
- Damaged Drain Pan – The drain pan collects condensate from the evaporator coil. The water may start dripping if there is a crack in the drain pan. Call our HVAC repair experts in Lexington, KY, to replace the drain pan.
- Frozen Evaporator Coils – Ice may form around the evaporator coils if there is excess dust on the filter or the system works on a low refrigerant. You need to call the technician to refill the refrigerant and ensure that the technician uses the correct refrigerant in the system.
2. The Blower Fan Runs Continuously
It is best to check the fan settings in the thermostat before calling our AC expert. Ensure it is on AUTO mode rather than ON. Sometimes it can be due to a faulty or old thermostat. Worst case, it might be due to a broken relay switch, and you might need a technician.
Searching online for HVAC companies near me to fix the problem? Look no further than Southern Comfort Heating and Cooling.
3. Inefficient Air
It is best to replace the air filter and scrub the condenser coils with dish soap and water if the HVAC system blows inefficient air. Check there are no issues with the duct system if you have an HVAC system that uses ducts. Ensure all the vents are open and nothing is blocking them. In the worst case, it might be due to a faulty AC capacitor or blower motor.
4. Pilot or Ignition Problems
Issues with the ignition system should be taken seriously if you have a furnace system. Ignition problems can be due to leakage in the gas line, and you need to call the technician to fix the issue. A dirty pilot and flame sensor can cause ignition problems like delayed ignition. A worn-down thermocouple may lead to issues that might affect overall comfort.
HVAC Problems that Need Expert Assistance
According to our air conditioner repair in Lexington, KY experts, here are some problems that require expert assistance to fix:
- The HVAC system makes weird and strange noises like rattling, humming, squealing, and other noises.
- You might need to replace the heating system if there is a crack in the heat exchanger.
- The blower motor has difficulty operating due to a bad AC capacitor.
- There is a gas or rotten egg smell in your residence
- The HVAC system fuse keeps breaking down after you switch it on.
- Short heating or cooling cycles.